Forum Chat

GameTracker

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Captain's Log 
Senior Admin

Post Re: Captain's Log
:wave

And thanks to Carpe, for getting it up on the server.

https://discord.gg/2z2pMqw <--discord, do it.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
2021 Winter Champ

Forums upgraded to phpBB 3.0.14. We can't move forward to the 3.1 (or higher) version since it'll wipe out the theme here. Maybe someday when there's a bunch of spare time...

See my photos on Flickr

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
PlankWalker

Thanks Moog.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 am
PlankWalker

Created 2017 Winter Tourney Forums, promoted Adolysti to Forum Admin.....giving him POWER!!!!!

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:44 pm
PlankWalker

Stats back up. Provider Void uses for them changed some shit without telling him (basically IP).

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 pm
PlankWalker

Disabled Tamdicap.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 pm
PlankWalker

Enabled Tamdicap

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm
PlankWalker

Updated 3SPN to version "3SPNvHOC2109a".

From Goose:

"Noticed the server now runs at a fairly higher tickrate than when I left.

Currently, the netcode allows for well over 5 full frames/ticks of history in the ping compensation, and even low ping players are getting ping compensation + 3 full ticks. I compiled a new version which reduces the hard cap to 5 full frames exactly, and reduces the additional compensation to 1.5 ticks. Should result in fewer false positives (shots which really shouldn't have counted but do)."

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:38 am
PlankWalker

Terminator becomes Senior Admin.

Also, 3SPN changes in late Oct 2019 to version HOC2019a

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:41 pm
PlankWalker

3SPN changed to version HOC2019b

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am
PlankWalker

Code:
[UnrealGame.TeamGame]
bBalanceTeams=True
bPlayersBalanceTeams=False

Thanks for the push Adol (even though it was hurtful...)

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 pm
PlankWalker

Carpe Diem wrote:
Code:
[UnrealGame.TeamGame]
bBalanceTeams=True

Thanks for the push Adol (even though it was hurtful...)

Well, that didn't work. Trying this out now:

Code:
[UnrealGame.TeamGame]
bBalanceTeams=False

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:57 am
PlankWalker

Announcement:

Due to the mayhem created when multiple players start typing "teams", I have now disabled that
function on the server.

There are several players that have "Trade menu" capabilities and can manually switch players.
(yes, you've always been one of them Buttery). I will add a few more players to the list, and once
I've done so I will post a list of them in here.

These players are the ones that will balance teams when required. Please announce your intent
to balance the teams in text chat or voice chat or TS (or all three) so we don't end up with a
shitshow (happened last week sometime).

I put faith in all of you to balance appropriately. Matching team PPR's is not the be-all-end-all.
Balancing teams requires a general knowledge of the current rosters playing abilities, use common
sense and logic; for example, don't balance a 8-8 game, just let it finish out.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:45 am
2021 Winter Champ

We have a new copy of Server Link! One that is under our control, one that is not run by someone we can't reach.

What does this mean for you?

Only that currently the in-game stats are zero for everyone until we build that information back up. So if you play and notice that "huh, both teams have an average 0.0 PPR" that'll be the case until people come in and play a few rounds...

Going to be a pain in the short term but in the long term at least we control the stability of the backend system recording points and PPRs now...

See my photos on Flickr

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 am
Profile WWW
2021 Winter Champ

Did some tweaks to the Teamspeak and Gameserver embeds that show up on the left side of the forums. They are now using SSL, which means if you access this forum the way you should be accessing it: http://forums.houseofcarpe.com/ you will now see them show up on the left side!

Which means Roaster can probably see them now!

See my photos on Flickr

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
PlankWalker

A long time since I've been in here.

MOTD changed to reflect a growing concern of late.

Map list(s) being culled/altered and work in progress.

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:38 pm
2021 Winter Champ

There's a new Teamspeak server in place. For whatever reason the tserverhq.com instance we were using is having problems. I've put in place a new instance running on the same server as these forums.

IF you were using the Teamserver connection name of "ts.houseofcarpe.com" everything should still work, you will have to accept the server has changed via a pop-up when you login. If you were logging in via the "v20.tserverhq.com" you will need to update your bookmark / connection in your Teamspeak client.

Those who had admin before will need to be re-instated and channels will need to be remade (currently myself, Carpe, and Term have admin on the new TS server.)

See my photos on Flickr

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:18 am
Profile WWW
2021 Winter Champ

Made a change in the Clan Manager ini to no longer allow apostrophes in a player name.

Server Link (which we use to manage PPRs, and thus the auto-balancer to make games more fun) chokes on a ' mark which messes things up for everyone.

Any player joining with a ' in their name will now be switched to "Used Illegal Name".

See my photos on Flickr

Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
PlankWalker

Somehow the ut2004.ini's have ballooned to over 200K in size. I don't really know if a bloated .ini affects
performance or not, but I whittled it down to 73K now running on 3SPNv2023g.

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:29 pm
PlankWalker

So NFO started experiencing problems yesterday. Here is their update from the Events Log on
the dashboard (starts Jan 14th, then through the morning of the 15th)

The issues in Chicago are actually due to components in our routers overheating, due to a major datacenter outage with their cooling system. We are unable to stop the packet loss for now as a result. We are actively monitoring for updates from the facility on a fix.

Update @ 3:48pm CST: The facility (Equinix) reports that they are continuing to try to recover from multiple failed chillers, which went down due to the low temperatures. Currently, temperatures are still rising in the facility, wreaking havoc on our equipment, including our routers. Our last look at our main router showed an internal case temperature of around 160 degrees F.

We have tried workarounds, but both of our redundant routers are seeing serious problems, including failed power supplies, due to the heat issue, and all of our upstream connections are intermittently offline because the network cards and cables are so hot. Only when they have brought temperatures down again will we be able to assess what is permanently broken and adapt to it.

Update @ 6:31pm CST: The facility still has not brought down temperatures, though they are trying with fans. Our primary router seems to have entirely failed, likely because it overheated; we are transitioning to exclusive use of our secondary router, but do not know how long it will hold out. Its upstream links are also still frequently going down.

Update @ 6:53pm CST: As the facility continues to have temperature rises, we are seeing switches and machines fail. We will have to assess these when the cooling is restored. We hope that there are no permanent hardware failures.

Update @ 9pm CST: We are told that one of the broken chillers is back online now and that temperatures have stabilized at 120 degrees F. It is still not possible for us to effectively troubleshoot downed equipment, but we are monitoring very closely and will try to bring everything back online as soon as we are able to.

Update @ 9:41pm CST: The facility says that another chiller is back online and that temperatures are slowly decreasing now, but we have not seen a change yet in our equipment status. We are continuing to monitor and wait.

Update @ 2am CST: As the temperature slowly goes down, our router is going longer before its network adapter overheats and it kills the connection. We are observing about 7 minutes of connectivity before it goes offline for a minute.

Our primary router and one of our network switches are still offline. We have asked the facility to investigate these, but they have told us that they will not turn back on any equipment for customers until temps drop further. We will pursue them.

Update @ 3:42am CST: The ambient temperature dropped a little further and our secondary router has not had a high-temperature disconnect error for a bit over 30 minutes now. This means that most customers have connectivity again.

We still have one switch offline, and our primary router offline, and we are lobbying the facility to investigate these ASAP. The router being offline is not causing customers problems because it is redundant, but the switch being offline is leading to some customers' machines or VDSes being inaccessible.

So far, we have seen a couple of machines that rebooted due to the heat, but we haven't noted any total hardware failures apart from the switch and primary router. We will be performing a complete audit of all equipment after temperatures are back in the normal range and the facility has restored the downed switch.

Update @ 3:57am CST: The switch that was offline is now online again; it seems to have left a temperature protection mode as the ambient temperature dropped. We are continuing to investigate the downed router and to look for any other equipment that might be having problems.

Please also note that because the facility's temperature is still high -- we are told that it is 88F now -- automatic CPU throttling may occur on machines at the physical system level, limiting performance. This should automatically resolve as the temperature drops further.

Update @ 9:08am CST: Customer equipment stayed online through the night, but the facility itself has not yet fully recovered, so we're not out of the woods yet. Equinix says that there was a slight increase in temperature during the night when two chillers failed and had to be restarted, and that they are in the process of installing additional portable coolers. They have not yet worked on our offline router.

Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:23 am
2021 Winter Champ

Ran some needed security updates on the server that runs Forums/TeamSpeak/ServerLink/etc and did a reboot so everything got picked up. All services should be restarted.

Additionally restarted the game server so it'd pick up on the fact ServerLink was restarted (those kinda have to go in tandem).

Which means people might see a jump in their PPR stats as a bunch of older games got removed from the serverlink stats.

See my photos on Flickr

Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19