Forum Chat

GameTracker

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
Captain's Log 

Post Re: Captain's Log
ahh, lame

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 pm
Made a change to the forums.

Re-Image mod.

It scales all the large images down. Tested and it seems to work - if you see something wrong or questionable let me know.

It will now wait until all images are loaded before showing any of them (its a side effect). If you click on an image it will popup the larger / original version.

From Loeg:
Quote:
Image Resizer - I thnk this might fix the problem when someone posts a lifesize poster of the universe and the forums get all stretched out horizontally.

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=12565

I made the changes, then uploaded them. (I have a full backup from before)
I refreshed the theme and reset the cache.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:05 am
PlankWalker

Public and Tourney/Vehicle INI's backed up.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:12 am
PlankWalker

Carpe and I tested/assembled the Birthday settings for the public server.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:08 am
PlankWalker

Forum Work. Combined Carpe and My Rules for Polling, also made it a bit more understandable :-) -put it in the rules section.

Renamed Vehicle Box to Tourney server - cleared it out. We can use this area to discuss future modification to the box itself.

Also added a "UT I wish" forum under Tech. When someone posts something they want, or if posted elsewhere, but known to be "not doable" please move it here. Same for theoretical polling.

Dad thanks for fixing the logo's...now the umm Server Monitors appear to not be functional (Sunday 11/15 2pm) that may NOT have anything to do with you :-)

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:47 pm
Senior Admin

Monitors are slow to update, but eventually do.
Don't think it's any of dad's doing.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 pm
Forum Frequenter

Removed latest minipack losers. Uploaded fixed versions of Carousel, Darius, Decapacitate, and Refined. Then took them back off because they caused a strange server crash. o_O

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 am
PlankWalker

Re-reloaded fixed versions of Carousel, Darius, Decapacitate and Refined to both servers. Deleted all UZ2's from both redirects, uploaded new to both redirects.

Adjusted UT2Vote59.ini's on both servers to reflect MiniPack8 additions as well as above name changes.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Forum Frequenter

Repacked MapPacks 1 & 2 in rar format for those who don't play on Windows. Uploaded to pack folder and added links to Downloads thread.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:03 pm
PlankWalker

Restored original Morpheus and re-added to the maplist both servers.

Removed TDB-Crane-FE maps, ucl, redirects.

Removed Carousel, Decapitate, Darius and refined .UCL files from both servers as FE editions are installed now.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm
PlankWalker

Reset Tourny.ini back to the lastbackup 11/14 seems ok now-can join.

I don't think i been in them recently?

Hmm only change seems to be DemoRec... I did not turn off...just be aware.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 am
PlankWalker

Public Server settings set back to Normal.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 pm
Senior Admin

Removed snow / seasonal discussion to new topic "Website Special Effects".
Did not belong here.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:21 am
PlankWalker

Rewrote the 25 Customizable (purple) messages we get to post. Figured Ruls, info's and tips would be better for all. Also changes all FriendlyFire=0.0000 to 1.0 in the UT2004.ini

CustomMessages=Welcome to The House of Carpe Adult Freon UT2004.
CustomMessages=House of Carpe Rules, Forums & Teamspeak Info @ http://houseofcarpe.com
CustomMessages=Your Hosts: Everyone who Donates are your Hosts, this is a Community run Server! Donate!!!
CustomMessages=PlankWalkers: Carpe Diem, Conviction, Gunner, Supperman & The Loegrus
CustomMessages=Admins: AyEye, Dad, Moog, Goose, Riddick, Shingy & TrueTrojan
CustomMessages=Tip: If you hear a Teammate loading Rockets..do NOT immediately jump in front of them :-)
CustomMessages=Info: Custom Mutator: "Fatality": You can only Perma-Kill 1 time per map. After that YOU die.
CustomMessages=Rule: Maturity. This is an Adult Game Server. Immaturity is a bannable offense.
CustomMessages=Rule: No personal Attacks, Graphically Sexual References or Racist Remarks.
CustomMessages=Tip: Using a microphone in game IS preferred here. Some of us have text disabled.
CustomMessages=Info: Non-Donors may get Kicked When the Server is Full and a Donor Joins!!! Pitch-In: you ARE appreciated.
CustomMessages=Rule: No Spamming of ANY of the communication methods. The "Talkative" folk should join us in TeamSpeak :-) Not gab in game.
CustomMessages=Info: MapPacks and MutatorPacks can be downloaded from the Forums. MapPack 2 was Just Completed!!! Stop using the Redirect.
CustomMessages=Rule: No Advertising and no "Dissing" the Community. If somewhere else is better...be there :-)
CustomMessages=Tip: If YOU are Low on Health, do NOT completly thaw a teammate. Step Away at 90% - otherwise they get stuck with your health.
CustomMessages=Info: Because we want to PLAY and NOT POLICE, we Ban when a Rule is Broken, you can appeal in the Forums. So...Don't Get Banned!
CustomMessages=Info: Custom Mutator: Thaw Protection(most maps) 5 seconds of protection unless you load or fire a weapon.
CustomMessages=Rule: No Team Killing, No Setting Up ANY Telefrags so that others accidently telefrag. (pisses off Fatality Mutator)
CustomMessages=Rule: We allow cursing, but YOUR NAME CANNOT BE A CURSE. (kids play here in "silent mode")
CustomMessages=Tip: To check if Thaw Protection is Working - or Customize it, hit "ESC" and look for a "Tab" on the top right.
CustomMessages=Rule: Cheating, Hacking, or anything else obviously "UnSportsman-Like" will get you banned. Duh!
CustomMessages=Info: For Parents: We have settings in the Forums for disabling all the "Adult Options" (text, Zounds etc).
CustomMessages=Rule: Spectator Slots are for PLAYERS. 10 Minute Parking limit please.
CustomMessages=Rule: TeamSwitching must be kept to a MINIMUM. Switching, can cause the autobalancer to kill the last contender in a match.
CustomMessages=We Enjoy Having You Here, Great Games, Great People - Play Nice, Have Fun.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 pm
PlankWalker

Teamspeak down - ticket submitted Monday 2:16pm

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 pm
PlankWalker

Reply I Received RE: TeamSpeak Down

(Please Note:: If you have questions regarding the cause, if it's the same issue as previous occurrances, etc., please wait until the situation has been fully resolved. Once it has, you may reply to the ticket requesting for more info)

We are aware of the issue affecting this server box and are working to have it resolved asap. It is not only affecting your server, but all the other customers who rent a server that is running from this same box.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and if necessary will compensate all those who are experiencing trouble directly related to the issue if requested via support ticket. We do not have an ETA on the fix but our admins will be fixing it as soon as possible.

If your service has already been restored to full working condition and performance, you may disregard this message. If your service is still affected by this problem a significant amount of time after this message has been issued to you, you may reopen the ticket for another update if one is available.

Thanks,
Andrew Miesner
gs|aMies
GameServers.com

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 pm
PlankWalker

RFF turned on, set to .333

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:43 pm
PlankWalker

RFF disabled and TeamBalance disabled for te vote.

Public Server Only

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:57 pm
PlankWalker

Cleaning up Teamspeak.

We've been lax with the Teamspeak server (never really noticed) but I have started cleaning users that haven't logged on in 3 months. Cleaning out old admins, channel admins etc...

I will make Tourny Captains "Channel Admins" on their own Team Channels as I see them.

IF...(suddenly) your TS password is not working...it's because the web admin sees you as not signing on in 3 +months. and I deleted you...sorry bout that.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 am
PlankWalker

Both servers/redirects upgraded to AntiTCCr6t2

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm
PlankWalker

Changed Captcha from GD Captcha to GD 3D Captcha as it was much more readable.
Left on for one day to see if any stupid spider bots would try registering... they didn't.
Will leave on and monitor.

(TrueTrojan edit: Yeah, 'cause once those spiders get in here you've got webs gumming up everything and you're tripping over rolled-up hobbits and the like. Next thing you know, somebody gets bitten by one, puts on leotards, and starts flitting about the forums blathering about tingling spider senses...)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm
if you use the mod for password to register and force users to get the password via voice (TS)... then you will get zero bots...

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Tweaked ATCC settings for better performance.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 am
PlankWalker

Modified Public mlds startup to auto-record demo's with map name, date and time. (for HoC Video by TPC).

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 pm
PlankWalker

Found from Goose that the Tourny Server was not going to run Opti's Fatality mutator. Goose said he loaded the older Freon Crash Fix...and it was on the server - but not running.

Editted .ini verified it was running, and tested a Map Change...NO GPF!!! Redirects loaded as well.

Thanks Goose.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:20 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next