Forum Chat

GameTracker

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:55 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
Captain's Log 

Post Re: Captain's Log
hehe.. it is definitely nice to have a group of people who all pitch in and make this a kick ass place.. kind of like nerd communism

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm
PlankWalker

shingy wrote:
kind of like nerd communism

LOVE it Shingy ! :lmao

UT2Vote59.ini updated with mini-pack #10 map sizings (thanks Shing) on both servers.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 am
PlankWalker

Freon - Razorjack added as a Votable Gametype to the Tourney Server.

I attempted to get Relics to work with Freon...no Go :-(

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 pm
PlankWalker

OK did some Sunday work - late night Thursday.

On the Tourny Server:

Some Engineer Only stuff
Set the new Donors password
Fixed some messages
Disabled All Team Balance (I Hope)
Added missing map to server votes
Changed all admins passwords - don't forget to bind your keys guys!!!

I will do the public Server this weekend.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 pm
PlankWalker

On Tourny Server, All Freon Gametypes 3vs3, 5vs5 etc have Thaw Protection added.

We need to test though.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:39 pm
PlankWalker

New public server up and running. Segmentation faults still occurring randomly, all mutators eliminated as problem causing. Suspect either the fact it is a linux server, or miscellaneous programing conflicts between various maps and the UTEngine. In short, we'll have to live with it.

Public Box:

1. Cross referenced UT2Vote list to actual map list, culled all redundant maps on server.

2. Went through UT2VoteMapCheck and matched to actual map names, altered all entries to match current maps.

3. Removed random map changes when server idle (caused more segmentation faults)

4. Renamed server accordingly.

5. Zero'd all log files (screenlog.0, gsconsole.log and all logs within UserLogs folder)

6. A whole bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

Tourney Box

1. Renamed accordingly, referenced new IP address of Public box.

2. Copied UT2VoteMapCheck corrected list to Tourney server.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 pm
you rock!!

as a side thnought - do you want to capture the entire configuration somewhere? save it to a DVD, etc? its a lot of work - sure would like to have it saved so you don't have to do a large effort like that ever again. ;-)

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 pm
2021 Winter Champ

We've been archiving stuff on an FTP server that I run (backing up server INIs and such)...

See my photos on Flickr

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
The I change my vote of 'you rock' to Moog. sorry carpe. :-)

:battle

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 am
PlankWalker

Everything IS backed up folks, we just wanted to start with fresh copies of as much as possoible to try and ditch the segmentation fault.
We have a thing or 2 to turn on in a week or so, but we want to see how she runs.

Thank You Carpe for finishing her up and getting her running.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 am
PlankWalker

Llamapunter and Fishfinder added back to the public server ini's, logs show error free, tested with 2 player so far.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 am
Noticed that the map with the spikes that crush players when that button on the wall next to it is hit/touched.

Now after the round is complete and one team is all dead - there is an announcement of "FINISH HIM" or "FINISH HER" and a RED bold text with a count down timer starts - i think it is 10 seconds.

Is this new? Is this an effect of the new server install? Its funny, but delays time between end of round and next one...

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 am
Forum Frequenter

That's a feature of Opti's punishment mutator. If the map has a killzone then you get a few seconds at the end of the round to splatter people without punishment. That way you get your fun without making someone sit a whole round out "dead".

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am
PlankWalker

Right but there are only three maps with killzones programmed in by Opti.

More can be added, but each map has to be addeed manually and the locations programmed in...here's the ones that came with the mutator and what they look like in the .ini

FatalityZones=(MapName="DM-AkBal2k4",ZoneType=FZ_Object,MeasureType=FMT_CheckXYOnly,ObjectType=Class'Engine.Mover',ObjectName="Mover13",XExtent=(Low=-200.000000,High=200.000000),YExtent=(Low=-200.000000,High=200.000000),ZExtent=(Low=0.000000,High=0.000000),MaxXYDistance=500.000000,MaxZDistance=0.000000,Hint="Shoot the button on the wall!")
FatalityZones=(MapName="DM-Deck17",ZoneType=FZ_Object,MeasureType=FMT_CheckBoth,ObjectType=Class'XGame.LavaVolume',ObjectName="LavaVolume21",XExtent=(Low=-320.000000,High=320.000000),YExtent=(Low=-320.000000,High=320.000000),ZExtent=(Low=-80.000000,High=80.000000),MaxXYDistance=500.000000,MaxZDistance=300.000000,Hint="Fry them in the lava!")
FatalityZones=(MapName="DM-Deck17",ZoneType=FZ_Object,MeasureType=FMT_CheckBoth,ObjectType=Class'XGame.LavaVolume',ObjectName="LavaVolume0",XExtent=(Low=-768.000000,High=511.000000),YExtent=(Low=-2304.000000,High=1024.000000),ZExtent=(Low=-112.000000,High=336.000000),MaxXYDistance=500.000000,MaxZDistance=70.000000,Hint="Fry them in the lava!")
FatalityZones=(MapName="DM-Deck17",ZoneType=FZ_Object,MeasureType=FMT_CheckBoth,ObjectType=Class'XGame.LavaVolume',ObjectName="LavaVolume22",XExtent=(Low=-800.000000,High=800.000000),YExtent=(Low=-624.000000,High=719.000000),ZExtent=(Low=-576.000000,High=79.000000),MaxXYDistance=200.000000,MaxZDistance=500.000000,Hint="Fry them in the lava!")
FatalityZones=(MapName="DM-Morpheus3",ZoneType=FZ_Map,MeasureType=FMT_CheckXYOnly,ObjectType=None,ObjectName=,XExtent=(Low=0.000000,High=0.000000),YExtent=(Low=0.000000,High=0.000000),ZExtent=(Low=0.000000,High=0.000000),MaxXYDistance=0.000000,MaxZDistance=0.000000,Hint="Knock them off the edge!")

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:07 am
PlankWalker

God I miss days off :-)

Umm I mean I'm sick today...

Vendetta V4 added to Public and Public Redirect for Donors Voting purposes.

"Server Color" added to both servers...aren't they pretty?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 am
PlankWalker

Cleared 4 bad ucl files that were making maps show up as voteable

Removed older CurseXL from public (was voted out long time back).

Re-enabled Random Maps in UT2Vote.ini

Restored missing gametype lines to utvote.ini, but set them to not be votable. This was not causing issues as far as I can see, but ProASM states that all the original gametypes MUST stay in the utvote.ini even if unused...dunno why.

Think I'm done now ;-) if this config runs for a week or so without issues I will do a full server backup...ad then start the Tourney Server wipe/rebuild :-)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 am
PlankWalker

23 segmentation faults on rebuild in 3 days.

Trying - Disable "Random Maps" which was recently voted in...a few days should tell.

Sat May 01, 2010 5:07 pm
PlankWalker

Tournament Server password deleted (happy Chewy?)

Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 am
Forum Frequenter

Added MiniPack 11 maps to both servers and both redirects.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:48 am
PlankWalker

Removed Vendetta mutator (per voting).

Added a couple of missing files for MiniPack11. Puttered around fixin' dis & dat for a couple hours.

*tee-hee-hee*

Wed May 19, 2010 12:07 pm
2021 Winter Champ

Quote:
Puttered around fixin' dis & dat for a couple hours.

-ohshit

See my photos on Flickr

Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
PlankWalker

Moog wrote:
Quote:
Puttered around fixin' dis & dat for a couple hours.

-ohshit

:lmao

not to worry. That comment and the accompanying giggle was in response to a PM that went out to someone
who, lets say, fucked things up. I decided to humiliate said someone privately because, well... shit, it was just
a mistake ([sarcasm]even though I never make them [/sarcasm]).

Anyhow, everything is shipshape and ready to go now. No scary surprises.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 pm
PlankWalker

Been busy in R/L so I helped in a way I knew I could :-)

I re uploaded the original textures / sounds that got replaced on Minipack10
y3Alex_farmTex.utx
ambmodern.uax
aquatica_Tex.utx

Both Tourney and Public, both Pi and GoDaddy Redirect (tho it looks like the redirects weren't overwritten), editted Minipack 10.zip and posted new version 10a, deleted old.

Cleaned Minipack 11 of the one map that was voted off (DM Castle_Valley) verified map had no extra supporting files. Removed the map, UCL files, and both redirects

Uploaded Minipack-11-Final and linked.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 pm
PlankWalker

Updated map sizings, reducing majority of maps to "minimum=1" on both servers.
Updated to reflect MiniPack11 victors on map sizings on both servers.

Advised ProAsm that UT2Vote Random map switch setting causes server crashes (segmentation faults)
He has not heard of that, and thanks us for the input.

I also queried him on the placement of the mid-game voting words (you know, dead center), he stated the placement
is a function of the UT Engine.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm
PlankWalker

Thaw protection reduced to 3.5 seconds on Public server for the crybaby Max Power :lmao
This is a 1-2 week trial, voting to follow.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next